Dictionary Results for arm|
1. arm - noun
· a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb
2. arm - noun
· any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
Synonym(s): branch, limb
3. arm - noun
· any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting; "he was licensed to carry a weapon"
Synonym(s): weapon, weapon_system
4. arm - noun
· the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person
5. arm - noun
· a division of some larger or more complex organization; "a branch of Congress"; "botany is a branch of biology"; "the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages"
Synonym(s): branch, subdivision
6. arm - noun
· the part of a garment that is attached at the armhole and that provides a cloth covering for the arm
7. arm - verb
· prepare oneself for a military confrontation; "The U.S. is girding for a conflict in the Middle East"; "troops are building up on the Iraqi border"
Synonym(s): build_up, fortify, gird
8. arm - verb
· supply with arms; "The U.S. armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.