Dictionary Results for bearing|
1. bearing - noun
· relevant relation or interconnection; "those issues have no bearing on our situation"
2. bearing - noun
· the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
Synonym(s): heading, aim
Hypernym(s): direction, way
3. bearing - noun
· dignified manner or conduct
Synonym(s): comportment, presence, mien
Hypernym(s): manner, personal_manner
4. bearing - noun
· characteristic way of bearing one's body; "stood with good posture"
Synonym(s): carriage, posture
5. bearing - noun
· heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield
Synonym(s): charge, heraldic_bearing, armorial_bearing
6. bearing - noun
· a rotating support placed between moving parts to allow them to move easily
7. bear - verb
· have; "bear a resemblance"; "bear a signature"
Hypernym(s): have, feature
8. bear - verb
· cause to be born; "My wife had twins yesterday!"
Synonym(s): give_birth, deliver, birth, have
Hypernym(s): produce, bring_forth
9. bear - verb
· put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
Synonym(s): digest, endure, stick_out, stomach, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put_up
Hypernym(s): permit, allow, let, countenance
10. bear - verb
· move while holding up or supporting; "Bear gifts"; "bear a heavy load"; "bear news"; "bearing orders"
Hypernym(s): transport, carry
11. bear - verb
· bring forth; "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"; "The unidentified plant bore gorgeous flowers"
Hypernym(s): make, create
12. bear - verb
· take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person; "I'll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
Synonym(s): take_over, accept, assume
13. bear - verb
· contain or hold; have within; "The jar carries wine"; "The canteen holds fresh water"; "This can contains water"
Synonym(s): hold, carry, contain
14. bear - verb
· bring in; "interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
Synonym(s): yield, pay
Hypernym(s): gain, take_in, clear, make, earn, realize, realise, pull_in, bring_in
15. bear - verb
· have on one's person; "He wore a red ribbon"; "bear a scar"
Hypernym(s): have, feature
16. bear - verb
· behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
Synonym(s): behave, acquit, deport, conduct, comport, carry
Hypernym(s): hold, carry, bear, act, move
17. bear - verb
· have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices; "She bears the title of Duchess"; "He held the governorship for almost a decade"
Hypernym(s): have, have_got, hold
18. bear - verb
· support or hold in a certain manner; "She holds her head high"; "He carried himself upright"
Synonym(s): hold, carry
19. bear - verb
· be pregnant with; "She is bearing his child"; "The are expecting another child in January"; "I am carrying his child"
Synonym(s): have_a_bun_in_the_oven, carry, gestate, expect
Hypernym(s): give_birth, deliver, bear, birth, have
20. bearing - adjective
· (of a structural member) withstanding a weight or strain
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.