1. trim - noun
· a state of arrangement or appearance; "in good trim"
2. trim - noun
· a decoration or adornment on a garment; "the trimming on a hat"; "the trim on a shirt"
3. trim - noun
· attitude of an aircraft in flight when allowed to take its own orientation
4. trim - noun
· cutting down to the desired size or shape
5. trim - verb
· remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size; "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber"
6. trim - verb
· decorate, as with ornaments; "trim the christmas tree"; "trim a shop window"
7. trim - verb
· cut down on; make a reduction in; "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
8. trim - verb
· balance in flight by regulating the control surfaces; "trim an airplane"
9. trim - verb
· be in equilibrium during a flight; "The airplane trimmed"
10. trim - verb
· decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
11. trim - verb
· cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
12. trim - verb
· cut closely; "trim my beard"
13. trim - verb
· adjust (sails on a ship) so that the wind is optimally used
14. trim - adjective
· thin and fit; "the spare figure of a marathon runner"; "a body kept trim by exercise"
15. trim - adjective
· of places; characterized by order and neatness; free from disorder; "even the barn was shipshape"; "a trim little sailboat"
16. trim - adjective
· neat and smart in appearance; "a clean-cut and well-bred young man"; "the trig corporal in his jaunty cap"; "a trim beard"
17. trim - adjective
· severely simple in line or design; "a neat tailored suit"; "tailored curtains"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.