1. image - noun
· an iconic mental representation; "her imagination forced images upon her too awful to contemplate"
2. image - noun
· (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world; "a public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty"
3. image - noun
· a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; "they showed us the pictures of their wedding"; "a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
4. image - noun
· a standard or typical example; "he is the prototype of good breeding"; "he provided America with an image of the good father"
5. image - noun
· language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
6. image - noun
· someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor); "he could be Gingrich's double"; "she's the very image of her mother"
7. image - noun
· (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined; "the image of f(x) = x^2 is the set of all non-negative real numbers if the domain of the function is the set of all real numbers"
8. image - noun
· the general impression that something (a person or organization or product) presents to the public; "although her popular image was contrived it served to inspire music and pageantry"; "the company tried to project an altruistic image"
9. image - noun
· a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture); "the coin bears an effigy of Lincoln"; "the emperor's tomb had his image carved in stone"
10. image - verb
· render visible, as by means of MRI
11. image - verb
· imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.