1. hand - noun
· the (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb; "he had the hands of a surgeon"; "he extended his mitt"
2. hand - noun
· a hired laborer on a farm or ranch; "the hired hand fixed the railing"; "a ranch hand"
3. hand - noun
· something written by hand; "she recognized his handwriting"; "his hand was illegible"
4. hand - noun
· ability; "he wanted to try his hand at singing"
5. hand - noun
· a position given by its location to the side of an object; "objections were voiced on every hand"
6. hand - noun
· the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time; "I didn't hold a good hand all evening"; "he kept trying to see my hand"
7. hand - noun
· one of two sides of an issue; "on the one hand..., but on the other hand..."
8. hand - noun
· a rotating pointer on the face of a timepiece; "the big hand counts the minutes"
9. hand - noun
· a unit of length equal to 4 inches; used in measuring horses; "the horse stood 20 hands"
10. hand - noun
· a member of the crew of a ship; "all hands on deck"
11. hand - noun
· a card player in a game of bridge; "we need a 4th hand for bridge"
12. hand - noun
· a round of applause to signify approval; "give the little lady a great big hand"
13. hand - noun
· terminal part of the forelimb in certain vertebrates (e.g. apes or kangaroos); "the kangaroo's forearms seem undeveloped but the powerful five-fingered hands are skilled at feinting and clouting"- Springfield (Mass.) Union
14. hand - noun
· physical assistance; "give me a hand with the chores"
15. hand - verb
· place into the hands or custody of; "hand me the spoon, please"; "Turn the files over to me, please"; "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
16. hand - verb
· guide or conduct or usher somewhere; "hand the elderly lady into the taxi"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.