Dictionary Results for whip|
1. whip - noun
· an instrument with a handle and a flexible lash that is used for whipping
2. whip - noun
· a legislator appointed by the party to enforce discipline
3. whip - noun
· a dessert made of sugar and stiffly beaten egg whites or cream and usually flavored with fruit
Hypernym(s): dessert, sweet, afters
4. whip - noun
· (golf) the flexibility of the shaft of a golf club
Hypernym(s): flexibility, flexibleness
5. whip - noun
· a quick blow delivered with a whip or whiplike object; "the whip raised a red welt"
Synonym(s): lash, whiplash
6. whip - verb
· beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
Synonym(s): flog, welt, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce
Hypernym(s): beat, beat_up, work_over
7. whip - verb
· defeat thoroughly; "He mopped up the floor with his opponents"
Synonym(s): worst, pip, mop_up, rack_up
Hypernym(s): beat, beat_out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
8. whip - verb
· thrash about flexibly in the manner of a whiplash; "The tall grass whipped in the wind"
Hypernym(s): convulse, thresh, thresh_about, thrash, thrash_about, slash, toss, jactitate
9. whip - verb
· strike as if by whipping; "The curtain whipped her face"
10. whip - verb
· whip with or as if with a wire whisk; "whisk the eggs"
Hypernym(s): beat, scramble
11. whip - verb
· subject to harsh criticism; "The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
Synonym(s): blister, scald
Hypernym(s): attack, round, assail, lash_out, snipe, assault
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.