Dictionary Results for sweet|
1. sweet - noun
· English phonetician; one of the founders of modern phonetics (1845-1912)
Synonym(s): Sweet, Henry_Sweet
2. sweet - noun
· a dish served as the last course of a meal
Synonym(s): dessert, afters
3. sweet - noun
· a food rich in sugar
Hypernym(s): dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw, treat
4. sweet - noun
· the taste experience when sugar dissolves in the mouth
Synonym(s): sweetness, sugariness
Hypernym(s): taste, taste_sensation, gustatory_sensation, taste_perception, gustatory_perception
5. sweet - noun
· the property of tasting as if it contains sugar
6. sweet - adjective
· having or denoting the characteristic taste of sugar
7. sweet - adjective
· having a sweet nature befitting an angel or cherub; "an angelic smile"; "a cherubic face"; "looking so seraphic when he slept"; "a sweet disposition"
Synonym(s): angelic, angelical, cherubic, seraphic
8. sweet - adjective
· pleasing to the ear; "the dulcet tones of the cello"
Synonym(s): dulcet, honeyed, mellifluous, mellisonant
9. sweet - adjective
· pleasing to the senses; "the sweet song of the lark"; "the sweet face of a child"
10. sweet - adjective
· pleasing to the mind or feeling; "sweet revenge"
11. sweet - adjective
· having a natural fragrance; "odoriferous spices"; "the odorous air of the orchard"; "the perfumed air of June"; "scented flowers"
Synonym(s): odoriferous, odorous, perfumed, scented, sweet-scented, sweet-smelling
12. sweet - adjective
· (used of wines) having a high residual sugar content; "sweet dessert wines"
13. sweet - adjective
· not containing or composed of salt water; "fresh water"
14. sweet - adjective
· not soured or preserved; "sweet milk"
Synonym(s): fresh, unfermented
15. sweet - adjective
· with sweetening added
Synonym(s): sugared, sweetened, sweet-flavored
16. sweet - adverb
· in an affectionate or loving manner (`sweet' is sometimes a poetic or informal variant of `sweetly'); "Susan Hayward plays the wife sharply and sweetly"; "how sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank"- Shakespeare; "talking sweet to each other"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.