Dictionary Results for sour|
1. sour - noun
· a cocktail made of a liquor (especially whiskey or gin) mixed with lemon or lime juice and sugar
2. sour - noun
· the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth
Synonym(s): sourness, tartness
Hypernym(s): taste, taste_sensation, gustatory_sensation, taste_perception, gustatory_perception
3. sour - noun
· the property of being acidic
Synonym(s): sourness, acidity
4. sour - verb
· go sour or spoil; "The milk has soured"; "The wine worked"; "The cream has turned--we have to throw it out"
Synonym(s): turn, ferment, work
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
5. sour - verb
· make sour or more sour
Synonym(s): acidify, acidulate, acetify
6. sour - adjective
· smelling of fermentation or staleness
7. sour - adjective
· having a sharp biting taste
8. sour - adjective
· one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of vinegar or lemons
9. sour - adjective
· in an unpalatable state; "sour milk"
Synonym(s): off, turned
10. sour - adjective
· inaccurate in pitch; "a false (or sour) note"; "her singing was off key"
Synonym(s): false, off-key
11. sour - adjective
· showing a brooding ill humor; "a dark scowl"; "the proverbially dour New England Puritan"; "a glum, hopeless shrug"; "he sat in moody silence"; "a morose and unsociable manner"; "a saturnine, almost misanthropic young genius"- Bruce Bliven; "a sour temper"; "a sullen crowd"
Synonym(s): dark, dour, glowering, glum, moody, morose, saturnine, sullen
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.