Dictionary Results for torment|
1. torment - noun
· unbearable physical pain
Hypernym(s): pain, hurting
2. torment - noun
· extreme mental distress
Synonym(s): anguish, torture
Hypernym(s): distress, hurt, suffering
3. torment - noun
· intense feelings of suffering; acute mental or physical pain; "an agony of doubt"; "the torments of the damned"
Synonym(s): agony, torture
Hypernym(s): suffering, hurt
4. torment - noun
· a feeling of intense annoyance caused by being tormented; "so great was his harassment that he wanted to destroy his tormentors"
Hypernym(s): annoyance, chafe, vexation
5. torment - noun
· a severe affliction
6. torment - noun
· the act of harassing someone
Synonym(s): badgering, worrying, bedevilment
Hypernym(s): harassment, molestation
7. torment - verb
· torment emotionally or mentally
Synonym(s): torture, excruciate, rack
Hypernym(s): pain, anguish, hurt
8. torment - verb
· treat cruelly; "The children tormented the stuttering teacher"
Synonym(s): rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate
Hypernym(s): harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke
9. torment - verb
· subject to torture; "The sinners will be tormented in Hell, according to the Bible"
Synonym(s): torture, excruciate
Hypernym(s): injure, wound
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.