Dictionary Results for worrying|
1. worrying - noun
· the act of harassing someone
Synonym(s): badgering, torment, bedevilment
Hypernym(s): harassment, molestation
2. worrying - noun
· the act of moving something by repeated tugs or pushes; "vigorous worrying finally loosened the saw"
3. worry - verb
· be worried, concerned, anxious, troubled, or uneasy; "I worry about my job"
4. worry - verb
· be concerned with; "I worry about my grades"
5. worry - verb
· disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress; "I cannot sleep--my daughter's health is worrying me"
Hypernym(s): perturb, unhinge, disquiet, trouble, cark, distract, disorder
6. worry - verb
· be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
Synonym(s): concern, interest, occupy
7. worry - verb
· lacerate by biting; "the dog worried his bone"
8. worry - verb
· touch or rub constantly; "The old man worried his beads"
9. worrying - adjective
· causing distress or worry or anxiety; "distressing (or disturbing) news"; "lived in heroic if something distressful isolation"; "a disturbing amount of crime"; "a revelation that was most perturbing"; "a new and troubling thought"; "in a particularly worrisome predicament"; "a worrying situation"; "a worrying time"
Synonym(s): distressing, distressful, disturbing, perturbing, troubling, worrisome
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.