Dictionary Results for occupy|
1. occupy - verb
· keep busy with; "She busies herself with her butterfly collection"
2. occupy - verb
· live (in a certain place); "She resides in Princeton"; "he occupies two rooms on the top floor"
Synonym(s): reside, lodge_in
Hypernym(s): populate, dwell, live, inhabit
3. occupy - verb
· occupy the whole of; "The liquid fills the container"
4. occupy - verb
· be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
Synonym(s): concern, interest, worry
5. occupy - verb
· march aggressively into another's territory by military force for the purposes of conquest and occupation; "Hitler invaded Poland on September 1, 1939"
Hypernym(s): attack, assail
6. occupy - verb
· require (time or space); "It took three hours to get to work this morning"; "This event occupied a very short time"
Synonym(s): take, use_up
Hypernym(s): use, expend
7. occupy - verb
· consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
Synonym(s): absorb, engross, engage
8. occupy - verb
· assume, as of positions or roles; "She took the job as director of development"; "he occupies the position of manager"; "the young prince will soon occupy the throne"
Synonym(s): fill, take
Hypernym(s): work, do_work
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.