Dictionary Results for pain|
1. pain - noun
· a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder; "the patient developed severe pain and distension"
2. pain - noun
· emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid; "the pain of loneliness"
3. pain - noun
· a somatic sensation of acute discomfort; "as the intensity increased the sensation changed from tickle to pain"
Synonym(s): pain_sensation, painful_sensation
Hypernym(s): somesthesia, somaesthesia, somatesthesia, somatic_sensation
4. pain - noun
· a bothersome annoying person; "that kid is a terrible pain"
Synonym(s): pain_in_the_neck, nuisance
Hypernym(s): unpleasant_person, disagreeable_person
5. pain - noun
· something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
Synonym(s): annoyance, bother, botheration, infliction, pain_in_the_neck, pain_in_the_ass
6. pain - verb
· cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
Synonym(s): trouble, ail
7. pain - verb
· cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
Synonym(s): anguish, hurt
Hypernym(s): upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.