Dictionary Results for rack|
1. rack - noun
· framework for holding objects
Hypernym(s): framework, frame
2. rack - noun
· rib section of a forequarter of veal or pork or especially lamb or mutton
Hypernym(s): cut, cut_of_meat
3. rack - noun
· the destruction or collapse of something; "wrack and ruin"
Hypernym(s): destruction, demolition, wipeout
4. rack - noun
· an instrument of torture that stretches or disjoints or mutilates victims
5. rack - noun
· a support for displaying various articles; "the newspapers were arranged on a rack"
6. rack - noun
· a form of torture in which pain is inflicted by stretching the body
Hypernym(s): torture, torturing
7. rack - noun
· a rapid gait of a horse in which each foot strikes the ground separately
8. rack - verb
· go at a rack; "the horses single-footed"
9. rack - verb
· stretch to the limits; "rack one's brains"
Hypernym(s): try, strain, stress
10. rack - verb
· put on a rack and pinion; "rack a camera"
Hypernym(s): work, put_to_work
11. rack - verb
· obtain by coercion or intimidation; "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"
Synonym(s): extort, squeeze, gouge, wring
Hypernym(s): overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook
12. rack - verb
· run before a gale
13. rack - verb
· fly in high wind
Hypernym(s): fly, wing
14. rack - verb
· draw off from the lees; "rack wine"
Hypernym(s): draw, take_out
15. rack - verb
· torment emotionally or mentally
Synonym(s): torment, torture, excruciate
Hypernym(s): pain, anguish, hurt
16. rack - verb
· work on a rack; "rack leather"
Hypernym(s): work, work_on, process
17. rack - verb
· seize together, as of parallel ropes of a tackle in order to prevent running through the block
Hypernym(s): seize, prehend, clutch
18. rack - verb
· torture on the rack
Hypernym(s): torture, excruciate, torment
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.