Dictionary Results for soak|
1. soak - noun
· the process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid); "a good soak put life back in the wagon"
Synonym(s): soakage, soaking
Hypernym(s): natural_process, natural_action, action, activity
2. soak - noun
· washing something by allowing it to soak
Hypernym(s): wash, washing, lavation
3. soak - verb
· submerge in a liquid; "I soaked in the hot tub for an hour"
Hypernym(s): immerse, plunge
4. soak - verb
· rip off; ask an unreasonable price
Synonym(s): overcharge, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook
Hypernym(s): cheat, rip_off, chisel
5. soak - verb
· cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
Synonym(s): drench, douse, dowse, sop, souse
6. soak - verb
· leave as a guarantee in return for money; "pawn your grandfather's gold watch"
Synonym(s): pawn, hock
Hypernym(s): consign, charge
7. soak - verb
· beat severely
Hypernym(s): beat, beat_up, work_over
8. soak - verb
· make drunk (with alcoholic drinks)
Synonym(s): intoxicate, inebriate
9. soak - verb
· become drunk or drink excessively
Synonym(s): souse, inebriate, hit_it_up
Hypernym(s): hit_the_bottle, drink, booze, fuddle
10. soak - verb
· fill, soak, or imbue totally; "soak the bandage with disinfectant"
Hypernym(s): impregnate, saturate
11. soak - verb
· heat a metal prior to working it
Hypernym(s): heat, heat_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.