Dictionary Results for spring|
1. spring - noun
· the season of growth; "the emerging buds were a sure sign of spring"; "he will hold office until the spring of next year"
Hypernym(s): season, time_of_year
2. spring - noun
· a metal elastic device that returns to its shape or position when pushed or pulled or pressed; "the spring was broken"
3. spring - noun
· a natural flow of ground water
Synonym(s): fountain, outflow, outpouring, natural_spring
Hypernym(s): geological_formation, formation
4. spring - noun
· a point at which water issues forth
Hypernym(s): beginning, origin, root, rootage, source
5. spring - noun
· the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length
Synonym(s): give, springiness
Hypernym(s): elasticity, snap
6. spring - noun
· a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
Synonym(s): leap, leaping, saltation, bound, bounce
Hypernym(s): jump, jumping
7. spring - verb
· move forward by leaps and bounds; "The horse bounded across the meadow"; "The child leapt across the puddle"; "Can you jump over the fence?"
Synonym(s): jump, leap, bound
8. spring - verb
· develop into a distinctive entity; "our plans began to take shape"
Synonym(s): form, take_form, take_shape
9. spring - verb
· spring back; spring away from an impact; "The rubber ball bounced"; "These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide"
Synonym(s): bounce, resile, take_a_hop, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet
Hypernym(s): jump, leap, bound, spring
10. spring - verb
· develop suddenly; "The tire sprang a leak"
Hypernym(s): grow, develop, produce, get, acquire
11. spring - verb
· produce or disclose suddenly or unexpectedly; "He sprang these news on me just as I was leaving"
Hypernym(s): unwrap, disclose, let_on, bring_out, reveal, discover, expose, divulge, break, give_away, let_out, uncover
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.