Dictionary Results for jumping|
1. jumping - noun
· the act of participating in an athletic competition in which you must jump
2. jumping - noun
· the act of jumping; propelling yourself off the ground; "he advanced in a series of jumps"; "the jumping was unexpected"
Hypernym(s): propulsion, actuation
3. jump - verb
· move forward by leaps and bounds; "The horse bounded across the meadow"; "The child leapt across the puddle"; "Can you jump over the fence?"
Synonym(s): leap, bound, spring
4. jump - verb
· move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm; "She startled when I walked into the room"
Synonym(s): startle, start
5. jump - verb
· make a sudden physical attack on; "The muggers jumped the woman in the fur coat"
Hypernym(s): assail, assault, set_on, attack
6. jump - verb
· increase suddenly and significantly; "Prices jumped overnight"
Hypernym(s): wax, mount, climb, rise
7. jump - verb
· be highly noticeable
Synonym(s): leap_out, jump_out, stand_out, stick_out
Hypernym(s): look, appear, seem
8. jump - verb
· enter eagerly into; "He jumped into the game"
Hypernym(s): enter, participate
9. jump - verb
· rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
Synonym(s): rise, climb_up
10. jump - verb
· jump down from an elevated point; "the parachutist didn't want to jump"; "every year, hundreds of people jump off the Golden Gate bridge"; "the widow leapt into the funeral pyre"
Synonym(s): leap, jump_off
11. jump - verb
· run off or leave the rails; "the train derailed because a cow was standing on the tracks"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
12. jump - verb
· jump from an airplane and descend with a parachute
Synonym(s): chute, parachute
Hypernym(s): dive, plunge, plunk
13. jump - verb
· cause to jump or leap; "the trainer jumped the tiger through the hoop"
14. jump - verb
· start (a car engine whose battery is dead) by connecting it to another car's battery
Synonym(s): jumpstart, jump-start
Hypernym(s): start, start_up
15. jump - verb
· bypass; "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
Synonym(s): pass_over, skip, skip_over
Hypernym(s): neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, miss, leave_out, overlook, overleap
16. jump - verb
· pass abruptly from one state or topic to another; "leap into fame"; "jump to a conclusion"; "jump from one thing to another"
Hypernym(s): switch, shift, change
17. jump - verb
· go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions
Hypernym(s): change, alter, vary
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.