Dictionary Results for skip|
1. skip - noun
· a gait in which steps and hops alternate
2. skip - noun
· a mistake resulting from neglect
Hypernym(s): mistake, error, fault
3. skip - verb
· bypass; "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
Synonym(s): jump, pass_over, skip_over
Hypernym(s): neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, miss, leave_out, overlook, overleap
4. skip - verb
· intentionally fail to attend; "cut class"
5. skip - verb
· jump lightly
Synonym(s): hop, hop-skip
Hypernym(s): jump, leap, bound, spring
6. skip - verb
· leave suddenly; "She persuaded him to decamp"; "skip town"
Synonym(s): decamp, vamoose
Hypernym(s): leave, go_forth, go_away
7. skip - verb
· bound off one point after another
Hypernym(s): bounce, resile, take_a_hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet
8. skip - verb
· cause to skip over a surface; "Skip a stone across the pond"
Synonym(s): skim, skitter
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.