Dictionary Results for skim|
1. skim - noun
· a thin layer covering the surface of a liquid; "there was a thin skim of oil on the water"
Hypernym(s): covering, natural_covering, cover
2. skim - noun
· reading or glancing through quickly
3. skim - verb
· travel on the surface of water
4. skim - verb
· move or pass swiftly and lightly over the surface of
5. skim - verb
· examine hastily; "She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi"
Synonym(s): scan, rake, glance_over, run_down
Hypernym(s): examine, see
6. skim - verb
· cause to skip over a surface; "Skip a stone across the pond"
Synonym(s): skip, skitter
7. skim - verb
· coat (a liquid) with a layer
Hypernym(s): coat, surface
8. skim - verb
· remove from the surface; "skim cream from the surface of milk"
Synonym(s): skim_off, cream_off, cream
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
9. skim - verb
· read superficially
10. skim - adjective
· used of milk and milk products from which the cream has been removed; "yogurt made with skim milk"; "she can drink skimmed milk but should avoid butter"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.