Dictionary Results for resolution|
1. resolution - noun
· a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
Synonym(s): declaration, resolve
Hypernym(s): document, written_document, papers
2. resolution - noun
· the ability of a microscope or telescope to measure the angular separation of images that are close together
3. resolution - noun
· the trait of being resolute; "his resoluteness carried him through the battle"; "it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
Synonym(s): resoluteness, firmness, firmness_of_purpose, resolve
4. resolution - noun
· finding a solution to a problem
Hypernym(s): determination, finding
5. resolution - noun
· something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making; "they finally reached a settlement with the union"; "they never did achieve a final resolution of their differences"; "he needed to grieve before he could achieve a sense of closure"
Synonym(s): settlement, closure
Hypernym(s): decision_making, deciding
6. resolution - noun
· analysis into clear-cut components
Hypernym(s): breakdown, partitioning
7. resolution - noun
· (computer science) the number of pixels per square inch on a computer-generated display; the greater the resolution, the better the picture
8. resolution - noun
· the subsidence of swelling or other signs of inflammation (especially in a lung)
Hypernym(s): remission, remittal, subsidence
9. resolution - noun
· (music) a dissonant chord is followed by a consonant chord
Hypernym(s): harmony, musical_harmony
10. resolution - noun
· a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
Synonym(s): solution, answer, result, solvent
11. resolution - noun
· a decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner; "he always wrote down his New Year's resolutions"
Hypernym(s): decision, determination, conclusion
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.