Dictionary Results for closure|
1. closure - noun
· approaching a particular destination; a coming closer; a narrowing of a gap; "the ship's rapid rate of closing gave them little time to avoid a collision"
Hypernym(s): approach, approaching, coming
2. closure - noun
· a rule for limiting or ending debate in a deliberative body
Synonym(s): cloture, gag_rule, gag_law
Hypernym(s): order, rules_of_order, parliamentary_law, parliamentary_procedure
3. closure - noun
· a Gestalt principle of organization holding that there is an innate tendency to perceive incomplete objects as complete and to close or fill gaps and to perceive asymmetric stimuli as symmetric
Hypernym(s): Gestalt_law_of_organization, Gestalt_principle_of_organization
4. closure - noun
· something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making; "they finally reached a settlement with the union"; "they never did achieve a final resolution of their differences"; "he needed to grieve before he could achieve a sense of closure"
Synonym(s): settlement, resolution
Hypernym(s): decision_making, deciding
5. closure - noun
· an obstruction in a pipe or tube; "we had to call a plumber to clear out the blockage in the drainpipe"
Synonym(s): blockage, block, occlusion, stop, stoppage
Hypernym(s): obstruction, obstructor, obstructer, impediment, impedimenta
6. closure - noun
· the act of blocking
Synonym(s): blockage, occlusion
7. closure - noun
· termination of operations; "they regretted the closure of the day care center"
Synonym(s): closedown, closing, shutdown
Hypernym(s): termination, ending, conclusion
8. closure - verb
· terminate debate by calling for a vote; "debate was closured"; "cloture the discussion"
Hypernym(s): end, terminate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.