Dictionary Results for resolve|
1. resolve - noun
· the trait of being resolute; "his resoluteness carried him through the battle"; "it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
Synonym(s): resoluteness, firmness, firmness_of_purpose, resolution
2. resolve - noun
· a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
Synonym(s): resolution, declaration
Hypernym(s): document, written_document, papers
3. resolve - verb
· bring to an end; settle conclusively; "The case was decided"; "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"; "The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance"
Synonym(s): decide, settle, adjudicate
Hypernym(s): end, terminate
4. resolve - verb
· reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
Hypernym(s): agree, hold, concur, concord
5. resolve - verb
· reach a decision; "he resolved never to drink again"
Hypernym(s): decide, make_up_one%27s_mind, determine
6. resolve - verb
· understand the meaning of; "The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
Hypernym(s): solve, work_out, figure_out, puzzle_out, lick, work
7. resolve - verb
· make clearly visible; "can this image be resolved?"
Hypernym(s): spot, recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick_out, make_out, tell_apart
8. resolve - verb
· find the solution; "solve an equation"; "solve for x"
Hypernym(s): calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work_out, reckon, figure
9. resolve - verb
· cause to go into a solution; "The recipe says that we should dissolve a cup of sugar in two cups of water"
Synonym(s): dissolve, break_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.