Dictionary Results for pinch|
1. pinch - noun
· a painful or straitened circumstance; "the pinch of the recession"
2. pinch - noun
· an injury resulting from getting some body part squeezed
Hypernym(s): injury, hurt, harm, trauma
3. pinch - noun
· a slight but appreciable amount; "this dish could use a touch of garlic"
Synonym(s): touch, hint, tinge, mite, jot, speck, soupcon
Hypernym(s): small_indefinite_quantity, small_indefinite_amount
4. pinch - noun
· a sudden unforeseen crisis (usually involving danger) that requires immediate action; "he never knew what to do in an emergency"
Synonym(s): emergency, exigency
5. pinch - noun
· a small sharp bite or snip
Hypernym(s): bite, chomp, clip, clipping, snip
6. pinch - noun
· a squeeze with the fingers
Hypernym(s): squeeze, squeezing
7. pinch - noun
· the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal); "the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
Synonym(s): apprehension, arrest, catch, collar, taking_into_custody
Hypernym(s): capture, gaining_control, seizure
8. pinch - verb
· squeeze tightly between the fingers; "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle"
Synonym(s): squeeze, twinge, tweet, nip, twitch
9. pinch - verb
· make ridges into by pinching together
Hypernym(s): fold, fold_up, turn_up
10. pinch - verb
· make off with belongings of others
Synonym(s): pilfer, cabbage, purloin, abstract, snarf, swipe, hook, sneak, filch, nobble, lift
Hypernym(s): steal, rip_off, rip
11. pinch - verb
· cut the top off; "top trees and bushes"
Hypernym(s): snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut_back
12. pinch - verb
· irritate as if by a nip, pinch, or tear; "smooth surfaces can vellicate the teeth"; "the pain is as if sharp points pinch your back"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.