Dictionary Results for clip|
1. clip - noun
· a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
Synonym(s): cartridge_holder, cartridge_clip, magazine
2. clip - noun
· an instance or single occasion for some event; "this time he succeeded"; "he called four times"; "he could do ten at a clip"
Hypernym(s): case, instance, example
3. clip - noun
· any of various small fasteners used to hold loose articles together
Hypernym(s): fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
4. clip - noun
· an article of jewelry that can be clipped onto a hat or dress
Hypernym(s): jewelry, jewellery
5. clip - noun
· the act of clipping or snipping
Synonym(s): clipping, snip
Hypernym(s): cut, cutting, cutting_off
6. clip - noun
· a sharp slanting blow; "he gave me a clip on the ear"
7. clip - verb
· sever or remove by pinching or snipping; "nip off the flowers"
Synonym(s): nip, nip_off, snip, snip_off
8. clip - verb
· run at a moderately swift pace
Synonym(s): trot, jog
9. clip - verb
· attach with a clip; "clip the papers together"
10. clip - verb
· cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
Synonym(s): snip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut_back
11. clip - verb
· terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent; "My speech was cut short"; "Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries"
Synonym(s): curtail, cut_short
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.