Dictionary Results for fixing|
1. fixing - noun
· the act of putting something in working order again
Synonym(s): repair, fix, fixture, mend, mending, reparation
2. fixing - noun
· restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place
Synonym(s): fastener, fastening, holdfast
Hypernym(s): restraint, constraint
3. fixing - noun
· the sterilization of an animal; "they took him to the vet for neutering"
Synonym(s): neutering, altering
Hypernym(s): sterilization, sterilisation
4. fixing - noun
· (histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations they had in the living body
5. fix - verb
· restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
Synonym(s): repair, mend, bushel, doctor, furbish_up, restore, touch_on
Hypernym(s): better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
6. fix - verb
· cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
Synonym(s): fasten, secure
7. fix - verb
· decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
Synonym(s): specify, set, determine, define, limit
Hypernym(s): choose, take, select, pick_out
8. fix - verb
· prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
Synonym(s): cook, ready, make, prepare
Hypernym(s): create_from_raw_material, create_from_raw_stuff
9. fix - verb
· take vengeance on or get even; "We'll get them!"; "That'll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"
Synonym(s): pay_back, pay_off, get
Hypernym(s): get_even, get_back
10. fix - verb
· set or place definitely; "Let's fix the date for the party!"
Hypernym(s): establish, found, plant, constitute, institute
11. fix - verb
· kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study
Hypernym(s): fix, prepare, set_up, ready, gear_up, set
12. fix - verb
· make fixed, stable or stationary; "let's fix the picture to the frame"
13. fix - verb
· make infertile; "in some countries, people with genetically transmissible disabilites are sterilized"
Synonym(s): sterilize, sterilise, desex, unsex, desexualize, desexualise
Hypernym(s): operate_on, operate
14. fix - verb
· influence an event or its outcome by illegal means; "fix a race"
Hypernym(s): influence, act_upon, work
15. fix - verb
· put (something somewhere) firmly; "She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
Synonym(s): situate, posit, deposit
Hypernym(s): put, set, place, pose, position, lay
16. fix - verb
· make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
Synonym(s): prepare, set_up, ready, gear_up, set
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.