Dictionary Results for cutting_off|
1. cutting_off - noun
· the act of cutting something off
Hypernym(s): removal, remotion
2. cutting_off - noun
· the act of shortening something by chopping off the ends; "the barber gave him a good cut"
Synonym(s): cut, cutting
3. cut_off - verb
· make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages"
Synonym(s): interrupt, disrupt, break_up
Hypernym(s): break, break_off, discontinue, stop
4. cut_off - verb
· cease, stop; "cut the noise"; "We had to cut short the conversation"
Hypernym(s): interrupt, disrupt, break_up, cut_off
5. cut_off - verb
· remove by or as if by cutting; "cut off the ear"; "lop off the dead branch"
Synonym(s): chop_off, lop_off
Hypernym(s): detach, come_off, come_away
6. cut_off - verb
· cut off and stop; "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
Hypernym(s): intercept, stop
7. cut_off - verb
· break a small piece off from; "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"
Synonym(s): chip, knap, break_off
8. cut_off - verb
· remove surgically; "amputate limbs"
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.