Dictionary Results for dressed|
1. dress - verb
· put on clothes; "we had to dress quickly"; "dress the patient"; "Can the child dress by herself?"
2. dress - verb
· provide with clothes or put clothes on; "Parents must feed and dress their child"
Synonym(s): clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit_out, apparel
Hypernym(s): change_state, turn
3. dress - verb
· put a finish on; "dress the surface smooth"
4. dress - verb
· dress in a certain manner; "She dresses in the latest Paris fashion"; "he dressed up in a suit and tie"
Hypernym(s): dress, get_dressed
5. dress - verb
· dress or groom with elaborate care; "She likes to dress when going to the opera"
Synonym(s): preen, primp, plume
Hypernym(s): overdress, dress_up, fig_out, fig_up, deck_up, gussy_up, fancy_up, trick_up, deck_out, trick_out, prink, attire, get_up, rig_out, tog_up, tog_out
6. dress - verb
· kill and prepare for market or consumption; "dress a turkey"
Hypernym(s): cook, fix, ready, make, prepare
7. dress - verb
· arrange in ranks; "dress troops"
8. dress - verb
· decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
Synonym(s): trim, garnish
Hypernym(s): decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
9. dress - verb
· provide with decoration; "dress the windows"
Hypernym(s): arrange, set_up
10. dress - verb
· put a dressing on; "dress the salads"
Hypernym(s): put_on, apply
11. dress - verb
· cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
Synonym(s): snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, prune, cut_back
12. dress - verb
· cut down rough-hewn (lumber) to standard thickness and width
Hypernym(s): pare, trim
13. dress - verb
· convert into leather; "dress the tanned skins"
14. dress - verb
· apply a bandage or medication to; "dress the victim's wounds"
Hypernym(s): treat, care_for
15. dress - verb
· give a neat appearance to; "groom the dogs"; "dress the horses"
Synonym(s): groom, curry
Hypernym(s): fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
16. dress - verb
· arrange attractively; "dress my hair for the wedding"
Synonym(s): arrange, set, do, coif, coiffe, coiffure
Hypernym(s): groom, neaten
17. dressed - adjective
· dressed or clothed especially in fine attire; often used in combination; "the elegantly attired gentleman"; "neatly dressed workers"; "monks garbed in hooded robes"; "went about oddly garmented"; "professors robed in crimson"; "tuxedo-attired gentlemen"; "crimson-robed Harvard professors"
Synonym(s): appareled, attired, garbed, garmented, habilimented, robed
18. dressed - adjective
· treated with medications and protective covering
19. dressed - adjective
· (of lumber or stone) to trim and smooth
20. dressed - adjective
· dressed in fancy or formal clothing
Synonym(s): dressed-up, dressed_to_the_nines, dressed_to_kill, dolled_up, spruced_up, spiffed_up, togged_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.