Dictionary Results for get_up|
1. get_up - verb
· rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
Synonym(s): arise, rise, uprise, stand_up
2. get_up - verb
· get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
Synonym(s): turn_out, arise, uprise, rise
3. get_up - verb
· raise from a lower to a higher position; "Raise your hands"; "Lift a load"
Synonym(s): raise, lift, elevate, bring_up
Hypernym(s): move, displace
4. get_up - verb
· cause to rise; "The sergeant got us up at 2 A.M."
Hypernym(s): raise, lift, elevate, get_up, bring_up
5. get_up - verb
· develop; "we worked up an as of an appetite"
Hypernym(s): grow, develop, produce, get, acquire
6. get_up - verb
· put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive; "She never dresses up, even when she goes to the opera"; "The young girls were all fancied up for the party"
Synonym(s): overdress, dress_up, fig_out, fig_up, deck_up, gussy_up, fancy_up, trick_up, deck_out, trick_out, prink, attire, rig_out, tog_up, tog_out
Hypernym(s): dress, get_dressed
7. get_up - verb
· arrange by systematic planning and united effort; "machinate a plot"; "organize a strike"; "devise a plan to take over the director's office"
Synonym(s): organize, organise, prepare, devise, machinate
Hypernym(s): initiate, pioneer
8. get_up - verb
· study intensively, as before an exam; "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
Synonym(s): cram, grind_away, drum, bone_up, swot, mug_up, swot_up, bone
Hypernym(s): study, hit_the_books
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.