Dictionary Results for back|
1. back - noun
· the posterior part of a human (or animal) body from the neck to the end of the spine; "his back was nicely tanned"
2. back - noun
· the side that goes last or is not normally seen; "he wrote the date on the back of the photograph"
3. back - noun
· the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer; "he stood at the back of the stage"; "it was hidden in the rear of the store"
Hypernym(s): position, place
4. back - noun
· (football) a person who plays in the backfield
Hypernym(s): football_player, footballer
5. back - noun
· the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord; "the fall broke his back"
Synonym(s): spinal_column, vertebral_column, spine, backbone, rachis
6. back - noun
· the protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book; "the book had a leather binding"
Synonym(s): binding, book_binding, cover
Hypernym(s): protective_covering, protective_cover, protection
7. back - noun
· the part of a garment that covers the back of your body; "they pinned a `kick me' sign on his back"
8. back - noun
· a support that you can lean against while sitting; "the back of the dental chair was adjustable"
9. back - noun
· (American football) the position of a player on a football team who is stationed behind the line of scrimmage
10. back - verb
· be behind; approve of; "He plumped for the Labor Party"; "I backed Kennedy in 1960"
Synonym(s): endorse, indorse, plump_for, plunk_for, support
Hypernym(s): approve, O.K., okay, sanction
11. back - verb
· travel backward; "back into the driveway"; "The car backed up and hit the tree"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
12. back - verb
· give support or one's approval to; "I'll second that motion"; "I can't back this plan"; "endorse a new project"
Synonym(s): second, endorse, indorse
Hypernym(s): support, back_up
13. back - verb
· cause to travel backward; "back the car into the parking spot"
14. back - verb
· support financial backing for; "back this enterprise"
15. back - verb
· be in back of; "My garage backs their yard"
16. back - verb
· place a bet on; "Which horse are you backing?"; "I'm betting on the new horse"
Synonym(s): bet_on, gage, stake, game, punt
Hypernym(s): bet, wager, play
17. back - verb
· shift to a counterclockwise direction; "the wind backed"
Hypernym(s): switch, change_over, shift
18. back - verb
· establish as valid or genuine; "Can you back up your claims?"
Hypernym(s): confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
19. back - verb
· strengthen by providing with a back or backing
20. back - adjective
· related to or located at the back; "the back yard"; "the back entrance"
21. back - adjective
· located at or near the back of an animal; "back (or hind) legs"; "the hinder part of a carcass"
Synonym(s): hind, hinder
22. back - adjective
· of an earlier date; "back issues of the magazine"
23. back - adverb
· in or to or toward a former location; "she went back to her parents' house"
24. back - adverb
· at or to or toward the back or rear; "he moved back"; "tripped when he stepped backward"; "she looked rearward out the window of the car"
Synonym(s): backward, backwards, rearward, rearwards
25. back - adverb
· in or to or toward an original condition; "he went back to sleep"
26. back - adverb
· in or to or toward a past time; "set the clocks back an hour"; "never look back"; "lovers of the past looking fondly backward"
Antonym(s): forward, ahead
27. back - adverb
· in reply; "he wrote back three days later"
28. back - adverb
· in repayment or retaliation; "we paid back everything we had borrowed"; "he hit me and I hit him back"; "I was kept in after school for talking back to the teacher"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.