1. protection - noun
· the activity of protecting someone or something; "the witnesses demanded police protection"
2. protection - noun
· a covering that is intend to protect from damage or injury; "they had no protection from the fallout"; "wax provided protection for the floors"
3. protection - noun
· defense against financial failure; financial independence; "his pension gave him security in his old age"; "insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness"
4. protection - noun
· the condition of being protected; "they were huddled together for protection"; "he enjoyed a sense of peace and protection in his new home"
5. protection - noun
· kindly endorsement and guidance; "the tournament was held under the auspices of the city council"
6. protection - noun
· the imposition of duties or quotas on imports in order to protect domestic industry against foreign competition; "he made trade protection a plank in the party platform"
7. protection - noun
· payment extorted by gangsters on threat of violence; "every store in the neighborhood had to pay him protection"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.