Dictionary Results for side|
1. side - noun
· a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location; "they always sat on the right side of the church"; "he never left my side"
Hypernym(s): region, part
2. side - noun
· one of two or more contesting groups; "the Confederate side was prepared to attack"
Hypernym(s): unit, social_unit
3. side - noun
· either the left or right half of a body; "he had a pain in his side"
Hypernym(s): area, region
4. side - noun
· a surface forming part of the outside of an object; "he examined all sides of the crystal"; "dew dripped from the face of the leaf"; "they travelled across the face of the continent"
5. side - noun
· an extended outer surface of an object; "he turned the box over to examine the bottom side"; "they painted all four sides of the house"
6. side - noun
· an aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect); "he was on the heavy side"; "he is on the purchasing side of the business"; "it brought out his better side"
Hypernym(s): aspect, facet
7. side - noun
· a line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure; "the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always the longest side"
8. side - noun
· a family line of descent; "he gets his brains from his father's side"
Hypernym(s): lineage, line, line_of_descent, descent, bloodline, blood_line, blood, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma, stock
9. side - noun
· a lengthwise dressed half of an animal's carcass used for food
Hypernym(s): cut, cut_of_meat
10. side - noun
· an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute; "there are two sides to every question"
Hypernym(s): opinion, view
11. side - noun
· an elevated geological formation; "he climbed the steep slope"; "the house was built on the side of a mountain"
Synonym(s): slope, incline
Hypernym(s): geological_formation, formation
12. side - noun
· (sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist
13. side - verb
· take sides for or against; "Who are you siding with?"; "I'm siding against the current candidate"
Hypernym(s): align, array
14. side - adjective
· located on a side; "side fences"; "the side porch"
Antonym(s): top, bottom
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.