Dictionary Results for forward|
1. forward - noun
· the person who plays the position of forward in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey
Hypernym(s): basketball_player, basketeer, cager
2. forward - noun
· a position on a basketball, soccer, or hockey team
3. forward - verb
· send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit; "forward my mail"
Hypernym(s): transport, send, ship
4. forward - adjective
· at or near or directed toward the front; "the forward section of the aircraft"; "a forward plunge down the stairs"; "forward motion"
5. forward - adjective
· used of temperament or behavior; lacking restraint or modesty; "a forward child badly in need of discipline"
6. forward - adjective
· of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle; "in a forward gear"
7. forward - adjective
· moving forward
Synonym(s): advancing, forward-moving
8. forward - adverb
· at or to or toward the front; "he faced forward"; "step forward"; "she practiced sewing backward as well as frontward on her new sewing machine"; (`forrad' and `forrard' are dialectal variations)
Synonym(s): forwards, frontward, frontwards, forrad, forrard
9. forward - adverb
· forward in time or order or degree; "from that time forth"; "from the sixth century onward"
Synonym(s): forth, onward
10. forward - adverb
· toward the future; forward in time; "I like to look ahead in imagination to what the future may bring"; "I look forward to seeing you"
11. forward - adverb
· in a forward direction; "go ahead"; "the train moved ahead slowly"; "the boat lurched ahead"; "moved onward into the forest"; "they went slowly forward in the mud"
Synonym(s): ahead, onward, onwards, forwards, forrader
12. forward - adverb
· near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane; "the captain went fore (or forward) to check the instruments"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.