1. still - noun
· a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes); "he wanted some stills for a magazine ad"
2. still - noun
· (poetic) tranquil silence; "the still of the night"
3. still - noun
· an apparatus used for the distillation of liquids; consists of a vessel in which a substance is vaporized by heat and a condenser where the vapor is condensed
4. still - noun
· a plant and works where alcoholic drinks are made by distillation
5. still - verb
· make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
6. still - verb
· cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
7. still - verb
· lessen the intensity of or calm; "The news eased my conscience"; "still the fears"
8. still - verb
· make motionless
9. still - adjective
· not in physical motion; "the inertia of an object at rest"
10. still - adjective
· marked by absence of sound; "a silent house"; "soundless footsteps on the grass"; "the night was still"
11. still - adjective
· (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves; "a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"; "the quiet waters of a lagoon"; "a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"; "a smooth channel crossing"; "scarcely a ripple on the still water"; "unruffled water"
12. still - adjective
· used of pictures; of a single or static photograph not presented so as to create the illusion of motion; or representing objects not capable of motion; "a still photograph"; "Cezanne's still life of apples"
13. still - adjective
· not sparkling; "a still wine"; "still mineral water"
14. still - adjective
· free from noticeable current; "a still pond"; "still waters run deep"
15. still - adverb
· with reference to action or condition; without change, interruption, or cessation; "it's still warm outside"; "will you still love me when we're old and grey?"
16. still - adverb
· despite anything to the contrary (usually preceding a concession); "although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"; "while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"; "he was a stern yet fair master"; "granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
17. still - adverb
· to a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons; "looked sick and felt even worse"; "an even (or still) more interesting problem"; "still another problem must be solved"; "a yet sadder tale"
18. still - adverb
· without moving or making a sound; "he sat still as a statue"; "time stood still"; "they waited stock-still outside the door"; "he couldn't hold still any longer"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.