1. yet - adverb
· up to the present time; "I have yet to see the results"; "details are yet to be worked out"
2. yet - adverb
· used in negative statement to describe a situation that has existed up to this point or up to the present time; "So far he hasn't called"; "the sun isn't up yet"
3. yet - adverb
· to a greater degree or extent; used with comparisons; "looked sick and felt even worse"; "an even (or still) more interesting problem"; "still another problem must be solved"; "a yet sadder tale"
4. yet - adverb
· within an indefinite time or at an unspecified future time; "he longed for the flowers that were yet to show themselves"; "sooner or later you will have to face the facts"; "in time they came to accept the harsh reality"
5. yet - adverb
· used after a superlative; "this is the best so far"; "the largest drug bust yet"
6. yet - adverb
· despite anything to the contrary (usually preceding a concession); "although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"; "while we disliked each other, nevertheless we agreed"; "he was a stern yet fair master"; "granted that it is dangerous, all the same I still want to go"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.