1. mate - verb
· engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
2. mate - verb
· bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
3. mate - verb
· place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game; "Kasparov checkmated his opponent after only a few moves"
4. mat - verb
· twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
5. mat - verb
· change texture so as to become matted and felt-like; "The fabric felted up after several washes"
6. mated - adjective
· mated sexually
7. mated - adjective
· occurring in pairs or as a pair; "paired fangs"; "paired gloves"
8. mated - adjective
· of or relating to a marriage partner
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.