1. grate - noun
· a frame of iron bars to hold a fire
2. grate - noun
· a harsh rasping sound made by scraping something
3. grate - noun
· a barrier that has parallel or crossed bars blocking a passage but admitting air
4. grate - verb
· furnish with a grate; "a grated fireplace"
5. grate - verb
· gnaw into; make resentful or angry; "The injustice rankled her"; "his resentment festered"
6. grate - verb
· reduce to small shreds or pulverize by rubbing against a rough or sharp perforated surface; "grate carrots and onions"; "grate nutmeg"
7. grate - verb
· make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together; "grate one's teeth in anger"
8. grate - verb
· scratch repeatedly; "The cat scraped at the armchair"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.