Dictionary Results for tease|
1. tease - noun
· someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity)
Synonym(s): teaser, annoyer, vexer
Hypernym(s): unwelcome_person, persona_non_grata
2. tease - noun
· a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
Synonym(s): coquette, flirt, vamp, vamper, minx, prickteaser
Hypernym(s): woman, adult_female
3. tease - noun
· the act of harassing someone playfully or maliciously (especially by ridicule); provoking someone with persistent annoyances; "he ignored their teases"; "his ribbing was gentle but persistent"
Synonym(s): teasing, ribbing, tantalization
Hypernym(s): harassment, molestation
4. tease - verb
· annoy persistently; "The children teased the boy because of his stammer"
Synonym(s): badger, pester, bug, beleaguer
Hypernym(s): torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate
5. tease - verb
· harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
Synonym(s): razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride
Hypernym(s): mock, bemock
6. tease - verb
· to arouse hope, desire, or curiosity without satisfying them; "The advertisement is intended to tease the customers"; "She has a way of teasing men with her flirtatious behavior"
Hypernym(s): manipulate, keep_in_line, control
7. tease - verb
· tear into pieces; "tease tissue for microscopic examinations"
Hypernym(s): shred, tear_up, rip_up
8. tease - verb
· raise the nap of (fabrics)
9. tease - verb
· disentangle and raise the fibers of; "tease wool"
Synonym(s): tease_apart, loosen
Hypernym(s): disentangle, unsnarl, straighten_out
10. tease - verb
· separate the fibers of; "tease wool"
11. tease - verb
· mock or make fun of playfully; "the flirting man teased the young woman"
Hypernym(s): ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh_at, jest_at, rib, make_fun, poke_fun
12. tease - verb
· ruffle (one's hair) by combing the ends towards the scalp, for a full effect
Hypernym(s): comb, comb_out, disentangle
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.