Dictionary Results for rally|
1. rally - noun
· a large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm
Hypernym(s): gathering, assemblage
2. rally - noun
· the feat of mustering strength for a renewed effort; "he singled to start a rally in the 9th inning"; "he feared the rallying of their troops for a counterattack"
Hypernym(s): feat, effort, exploit
3. rally - noun
· a marked recovery of strength or spirits during an illness
Hypernym(s): convalescence, recuperation, recovery
4. rally - noun
· an automobile race run over public roads
Hypernym(s): automobile_race, auto_race, car_race
5. rally - noun
· (sports) an unbroken sequence of several successive strokes; "after a short rally Connors won the point"
6. rally - verb
· gather; "drum up support"
Synonym(s): beat_up, drum_up
Hypernym(s): collect, pull_in
7. rally - verb
· call to arms; of military personnel
Synonym(s): call_up, mobilize, mobilise
Hypernym(s): call, send_for
8. rally - verb
· gather or bring together; "muster the courage to do something"; "she rallied her intellect"; "Summon all your courage"
Synonym(s): muster, summon, come_up, muster_up
Hypernym(s): gather, garner, collect, pull_together
9. rally - verb
· return to a former condition; "The jilted lover soon rallied and found new friends"; "The stock market rallied"
Hypernym(s): recover, go_back, recuperate
10. rally - verb
· harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
Synonym(s): tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, ride
Hypernym(s): mock, bemock
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.