Dictionary Results for make_up|
1. make_up - verb
· form or compose; "This money is my only income"; "The stone wall was the backdrop for the performance"; "These constitute my entire belonging"; "The children made up the chorus"; "This sum represents my entire income for a year"; "These few men comprise his entire army"
Synonym(s): constitute, represent, comprise, be
2. make_up - verb
· devise or compose; "This designer makes up our Spring collections"
3. make_up - verb
· do or give something to somebody in return; "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
Synonym(s): pay, pay_off, compensate
4. make_up - verb
· make up work that was missed due to absence at a later point; "I have to make up a French exam"; "Can I catch up with the material or is it too late?"
Hypernym(s): recover, recoup, recuperate
5. make_up - verb
· concoct something artificial or untrue
Synonym(s): fabricate, manufacture, cook_up, invent
Hypernym(s): think_up, think_of, dream_up, hatch, concoct
6. make_up - verb
· put in order or neaten; "make the bed"; "make up a room"
Hypernym(s): tidy, tidy_up, clean_up, neaten, straighten, straighten_out, square_away
7. make_up - verb
· adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
Synonym(s): compensate, counterbalance, correct, even_out, even_off, even_up
Hypernym(s): balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
8. make_up - verb
· come to terms; "After some discussion we finally made up"
Synonym(s): reconcile, patch_up, conciliate, settle
Hypernym(s): agree, hold, concur, concord
9. make_up - verb
· apply make-up or cosmetics to one's face to appear prettier; "She makes herself up every morning"
Hypernym(s): groom, neaten
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.