Dictionary Results for hatch|
1. hatch - noun
· the production of young from an egg
Hypernym(s): parturition, birth, giving_birth, birthing
2. hatch - noun
· shading consisting of multiple crossing lines
Synonym(s): hatching, crosshatch, hachure
3. hatch - noun
· a sloping rear car door that is lifted to open
Synonym(s): hatchback, hatchback_door, liftgate
4. hatch - noun
· a movable barrier covering a hatchway
5. hatch - verb
· emerge from the eggs; "young birds, fish, and reptiles hatch"
6. hatch - verb
· devise or invent; "He thought up a plan to get rich quickly"; "no-one had ever thought of such a clever piece of software"
Synonym(s): think_up, think_of, dream_up, concoct
Hypernym(s): create_by_mental_act, create_mentally
7. hatch - verb
· inlay with narrow strips or lines of a different substance such as gold or silver, for the purpose of decorating
8. hatch - verb
· draw, cut, or engrave lines, usually parallel, on metal, wood, or paper; "hatch the sheet"
9. hatch - verb
· sit on (eggs); "Birds brood"; "The female covers the eggs"
Synonym(s): brood, cover, incubate
Hypernym(s): reproduce, procreate, multiply
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.