1. failing - noun
· a flaw or weak point; "he was quick to point out his wife's failings"
2. failing - noun
· failure to reach a minimum required performance; "his failing the course led to his disqualification"; "he got two flunks on his report"
3. fail - verb
· fail to do something; leave something undone; "She failed to notice that her child was no longer in his crib"; "The secretary failed to call the customer and the company lost the account"
4. fail - verb
· be unsuccessful; "Where do today's public schools fail?"; "The attempt to rescue the hostages failed miserably"
5. fail - verb
· disappoint, prove undependable to; abandon, forsake; "His sense of smell failed him this time"; "His strength finally failed him"; "His children failed him in the crisis"
6. fail - verb
· stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
7. fail - verb
· be unable; "I fail to understand your motives"
8. fail - verb
· judge unacceptable; "The teacher failed six students"
9. fail - verb
· fail to get a passing grade; "She studied hard but failed nevertheless"; "Did I fail the test?"
10. fail - verb
· fall short in what is expected; "She failed in her obligations as a good daughter-in-law"; "We must not fail his obligation to the victims of the Holocaust"
11. fail - verb
· become bankrupt or insolvent; fail financially and close; "The toy company went bankrupt after the competition hired cheap Mexican labor"; "A number of banks failed that year"
12. fail - verb
· prove insufficient; "The water supply for the town failed after a long drought"
13. fail - verb
· get worse; "Her health is declining"
14. failing - adjective
· below acceptable in performance; "received failing grades"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.