Dictionary Results for break_down|
1. break_down - verb
· make ineffective; "Martin Luther King tried to break down racial discrimination"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
2. break_down - verb
· make a mathematical, chemical, or grammatical analysis of; break down into components or essential features; "analyze a specimen"; "analyze a sentence"; "analyze a chemical compound"
Synonym(s): analyze, analyse, dissect, take_apart
3. break_down - verb
· lose control of one's emotions; "When she heard that she had not passed the exam, she lost it completely"; "When her baby died, she snapped"
Synonym(s): lose_it, snap
Hypernym(s): act, behave, do
4. break_down - verb
· stop operating or functioning; "The engine finally went"; "The car died on the road"; "The bus we travelled in broke down on the way to town"; "The coffee maker broke"; "The engine failed on the way to town"; "her eyesight went after the accident"
Synonym(s): fail, go_bad, give_way, die, give_out, conk_out, go, break
5. break_down - verb
· fall apart; "the building crumbled after the explosion"; "Negotiations broke down"
Synonym(s): crumble, crumple, tumble, collapse
6. break_down - verb
· cause to fall or collapse
Hypernym(s): break, bust
7. break_down - verb
· separate (substances) into constituent elements or parts
Synonym(s): decompose, break_up
8. break_down - verb
· collapse due to fatigue, an illness, or a sudden attack
Hypernym(s): suffer, sustain, have, get
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.