Dictionary Results for break_up|
1. break_up - verb
· to cause to separate and go in different directions; "She waved her hand and scattered the crowds"
Synonym(s): disperse, dissipate, dispel, scatter
Hypernym(s): separate, divide
2. break_up - verb
· discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
Synonym(s): separate, part, split_up, split, break
3. break_up - verb
· come apart; "the group broke up"
Hypernym(s): separate, part, split
4. break_up - verb
· break violently or noisily; smash
Synonym(s): crash, break_apart
5. break_up - verb
· make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages"
Synonym(s): interrupt, disrupt, cut_off
Hypernym(s): break, break_off, discontinue, stop
6. break_up - verb
· cause to go into a solution; "The recipe says that we should dissolve a cup of sugar in two cups of water"
Synonym(s): dissolve, resolve
7. break_up - verb
· suffer a nervous breakdown
Synonym(s): crack_up, crack, crock_up, collapse
Hypernym(s): suffer, sustain, have, get
8. break_up - verb
· take apart into its constituent pieces
Synonym(s): disassemble, dismantle, take_apart, break_apart
Hypernym(s): destroy, destruct
9. break_up - verb
· destroy the completeness of a set of related items; "The book dealer would not break the set"
Hypernym(s): change, alter, modify
10. break_up - verb
· set or keep apart; "sever a relationship"
Hypernym(s): separate, disunite, divide, part
11. break_up - verb
· attack with or as if with a pickaxe of ice or rocky ground, for example; "Pick open the ice"
12. break_up - verb
· release ice; "The icebergs and glaciers calve"
Hypernym(s): separate, divide, part
13. break_up - verb
· close at the end of a session; "The court adjourned"
Synonym(s): adjourn, recess
Hypernym(s): end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
14. break_up - verb
· bring the association of to an end or cause to break up; "The decree officially dissolved the marriage"; "the judge dissolved the tobacco company"
Hypernym(s): end, terminate
15. break_up - verb
· come to an end; "Their marriage dissolved"; "The tobacco monopoly broke up"
Hypernym(s): end, terminate
16. break_up - verb
· break or cause to break into pieces; "The plate fragmented"
Synonym(s): fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
Hypernym(s): break, separate, split_up, fall_apart, come_apart
17. break_up - verb
· cause to separate; "break up kidney stones"; "disperse particles"
Synonym(s): disperse, scatter
18. break_up - verb
· separate (substances) into constituent elements or parts
Synonym(s): decompose, break_down
19. break_up - verb
· laugh unrestrainedly
Hypernym(s): laugh, express_joy, express_mirth
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.