1. encounter - noun
· a minor short-term fight
2. encounter - noun
· a casual or unexpected convergence; "he still remembers their meeting in Paris"; "there was a brief encounter in the hallway"
3. encounter - noun
· a casual meeting with a person or thing
4. encounter - noun
· a hostile disagreement face-to-face
5. encounter - verb
· come together; "I'll probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"
6. encounter - verb
· come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
7. encounter - verb
· be beset by; "The project ran into numerous financial difficulties"
8. encounter - verb
· experience as a reaction; "My proposal met with much opposition"
9. encounter - verb
· contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle; "Princeton plays Yale this weekend"; "Charlie likes to play Mary"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.