Dictionary Results for brush|
1. brush - noun
· a dense growth of bushes
Synonym(s): brushwood, coppice, copse, thicket
Hypernym(s): vegetation, flora, botany
2. brush - noun
· an implement that has hairs or bristles firmly set into a handle
3. brush - noun
· momentary contact
Hypernym(s): touch, touching
4. brush - noun
· conducts current between rotating and stationary parts of a generator or motor
5. brush - noun
· a bushy tail or part of a bushy tail (especially of the fox)
6. brush - noun
· a minor short-term fight
Synonym(s): clash, encounter, skirmish
Hypernym(s): fight, fighting, combat, scrap
7. brush - noun
· the act of brushing your teeth; "the dentist recommended two brushes a day"
8. brush - noun
· the act of brushing your hair; "he gave his hair a quick brush"
Hypernym(s): hair_care, haircare, hairdressing
9. brush - noun
· contact with something dangerous or undesirable; "I had a brush with danger on my way to work"; "he tried to avoid any brushes with the police"
10. brush - verb
· rub with a brush, or as if with a brush; "Johnson brushed the hairs from his jacket"
11. brush - verb
· touch lightly and briefly; "He brushed the wall lightly"
12. brush - verb
· clean with a brush; "She brushed the suit before hanging it back into the closet"
Hypernym(s): clean, make_clean
13. brush - verb
· sweep across or over; "Her long skirt brushed the floor"; "A gasp swept cross the audience"
14. brush - verb
· remove with or as if with a brush; "brush away the crumbs"; "brush the dust from the jacket"; "brush aside the objections"
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
15. brush - verb
· cover by brushing; "brush the bread with melted butter"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.