1. subordinate - noun
· an assistant subject to the authority or control of another
2. subordinate - noun
· a word that is more specific than a given word
3. subordinate - verb
· rank or order as less important or consider of less value; "Art is sometimes subordinated to Science in these schools"
4. subordinate - verb
· make subordinate, dependent, or subservient; "Our wishes have to be subordinated to that of our ruler"
5. subordinate - adjective
· lower in rank or importance
6. subordinate - adjective
· subject or submissive to authority or the control of another; "a subordinate kingdom"
7. subordinate - adjective
· (of a clause) unable to stand alone syntactically as a complete sentence; "a subordinate (or dependent) clause functions as a noun or adjective or adverb within a sentence"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.