1. strangling - noun
· the act of suffocating (someone) by constricting the windpipe; "no evidence that the choking was done by the accused"
2. strangle - verb
· kill by squeezing the throat of so as to cut off the air; "he tried to strangulate his opponent"; "A man in Boston has been strangling several dozen prostitutes"
3. strangle - verb
· suppress in order to conceal or hide; "smother a yawn"; "muffle one's anger"; "strangle a laugh"; "repress a cry of fear"
4. strangle - verb
· die from strangulation
5. strangle - verb
· prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperialist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
6. strangle - verb
· constrict (someone's) throat and keep from breathing
7. strangle - verb
· struggle for breath; have insufficient oxygen intake; "he swallowed a fishbone and gagged"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.