1. stain - noun
· a soiled or discolored appearance; "the wine left a dark stain"
2. stain - noun
· (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible
3. stain - noun
· the state of being covered with unclean things
4. stain - noun
· a symbol of disgrace or infamy; "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"--Genesis
5. stain - noun
· an act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
6. stain - verb
· color with a liquid dye or tint; "Stain this table a beautiful walnut color"; "people knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages"
7. stain - verb
· produce or leave stains; "Red wine stains the table cloth"
8. stain - verb
· make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically; "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air"; "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man"
9. stain - verb
· color for microscopic study; "The laboratory worker dyed the specimen"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.