1. spike - noun
· a transient variation in voltage or current
2. spike - noun
· sports equipment consisting of a sharp point on the sole of a shoe worn by athletes; "spikes provide greater traction"
3. spike - noun
· fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
4. spike - noun
· (botany) an indeterminate inflorescence bearing sessile flowers on an unbranched axis
5. spike - noun
· a sharp rise followed by a sharp decline; "the seismograph showed a sharp spike in response to the temblor"
6. spike - noun
· a very high narrow heel on women's shoes
7. spike - noun
· each of the sharp points on the soles of athletic shoes to prevent slipping (or the shoes themselves); "the second baseman sharpened his spikes before every game"; "golfers' spikes damage the putting greens"
8. spike - noun
· a sharp-pointed projection along the top of a fence or wall (or a dinosaur)
9. spike - noun
· a long, thin sharp-pointed implement (wood or metal); "one of the spikes impaled him"
10. spike - noun
· any holding device consisting of a rigid, sharp-pointed object; "the spike pierced the receipts and held them in order"
11. spike - noun
· a large stout nail; "they used spikes to fasten the rails to a railroad tie"
12. spike - verb
· stand in the way of
13. spike - verb
· pierce with a sharp stake or point; "impale a shrimp on a skewer"
14. spike - verb
· secure with spikes
15. spike - verb
· bring forth a spike or spikes; "my hyacinths and orchids are spiking now"
16. spike - verb
· add alcohol to (beverages); "the punch is spiked!"
17. spike - verb
· manifest a sharp increase; "the voltage spiked"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.