1. gray - noun
· a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
2. gray - noun
· clothing that is a grey color; "he was dressed in grey"
3. gray - noun
· any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey; "the Confederate army was a vast grey"
4. gray - noun
· horse of a light gray or whitish color
5. gray - noun
· the SI unit of energy absorbed from ionizing radiation; equal to the absorption of one joule of radiation energy by one kilogram of matter; one gray equals 100 rad
6. gray - noun
· English radiobiologist in whose honor the gray (the SI unit of energy for the absorbed dose of radiation) was named (1905-1965)
7. gray - noun
· English poet best known for his elegy written in a country churchyard (1716-1771)
8. gray - noun
· American navigator who twice circumnavigated the globe and who discovered the Columbia River (1755-1806)
9. gray - noun
· United States botanist who specialized in North American flora and who was an early supporter of Darwin's theories of evolution (1810-1888)
10. gray - verb
· make grey; "The painter decided to grey the sky"
11. gray - verb
· turn grey; "Her hair began to grey"
12. gray - adjective
· of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black; "the little grey cells"; "gray flannel suit"; "a man with greyish hair"
13. gray - adjective
· showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; "nodded his hoary head"
14. gray - adjective
· used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms); "a stalwart grey figure"
15. gray - adjective
· intermediate in character or position; "a grey area between clearly legal and strictly illegal"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.