1. gathering - noun
· a group of persons together in one place
2. gathering - noun
· the social act of assembling; "they demanded the right of assembly"
Synonym(s): assembly, assemblage
3. gathering - noun
· the act of gathering something
Hypernym(s): collection, collecting, assembling, aggregation
4. gathering - noun
· sewing consisting of small folds or puckers made by pulling tight a thread in a line of stitching
Hypernym(s): sewing, stitchery
5. gather - verb
· assemble or get together; "gather some stones"; "pull your thoughts together"
Synonym(s): garner, collect, pull_together
6. gather - verb
· collect in one place; "We assembled in the church basement"; "Let's gather in the dining room"
Synonym(s): meet, assemble, forgather, foregather
7. gather - verb
· collect or gather; "Journals are accumulating in my office"; "The work keeps piling up"
Synonym(s): accumulate, cumulate, conglomerate, pile_up, amass
8. gather - verb
· conclude from evidence; "I gather you have not done your homework"
Hypernym(s): reason, reason_out, conclude
9. gather - verb
· draw together into folds or puckers
Hypernym(s): sew, run_up, sew_together, stitch
10. gather - verb
· get people together; "assemble your colleagues"; "get together all those who are interested in the project"; "gather the close family members"
Synonym(s): assemble, get_together
11. gather - verb
· draw and bring closer; "she gathered her shawl around her shoulders"
12. gather - verb
· look for (food) in nature; "Our ancestors gathered nuts in the Fall"
Hypernym(s): search, seek, look_for
13. gather - verb
· increase or develop; "the peace movement gained momentum"; "the car gathers speed"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.